The FSO is looking for 10 hours/ week student assistant this fall! Do you want to work with an arts organization that is 70+ years established in our community? In 1950 the Northern Arizona Orchestra played its first concert in the gymnasium at Northern Arizona University. On May 29, 1961, articles of incorporation were filed with the state of Arizona declaring the Flagstaff Symphony Association a nonprofit corporation. Flagstaff Symphony Orchestra continues a long and fruitful relationship with NAU and the community. It has also grown dramatically since that first concert in the gym into a fully professional orchestra, comprised of musicians who come together from diverse backgrounds to form an impressive and exciting ensemble capable of performing a variety of musical styles and repertoire.
This internship is perfect for students interested in the arts and culture in Flagstaff, classical music, public relations, event production and in non-profit management. Students from NAU may be eligible for 3 course credit hours per semester based on advisory approval. This is an unpaid position.
- Symphony Street Team: Deliver flyers, posters, brochures, etc to various locations around the region to promote FSO concerts and events
- Assistance with promotion of concerts and events through online calendars
- Writing press releases for concerts and events
- Providing support at community fairs and expos to promote the FSO
- Communicating with volunteers about opportunities
- Writing email newsletters
- Assisting with patron management
- Transcribing files and documents & organizing historical archives
To apply, submit current resume, cover letter describing your interests and experience, and contact information for 2 references to Elizabeth Vogler, Office & Operations Manager, evogler@
flagstaffsymphony.org. Position open until filled. Internship takes place during normal office hours with occasional evening or weekend work. Tasks may take place outside of the office to maintain social distancing procedures. No phone calls please.