Welcome to Season 72!
We are so excited to return to LIVE performances and have enjoyed seeing so many FSO supporters join us for our concerts again this season in Ardrey Auditorium. We still have many exciting programs left, starting with The Nutcracker in December, Musical Stories in January, and Broadway Classics in February. This extraordinary season will conclude with An Earth Day Celebration highlighting the talents of renowned cellist Cecily Parnas performing Ernst Bloch’s Hebraic Rhapsody paired with the monumental Le Mer by Claude Debussy. Join us for a season of celebration and renewal as we return to the concert stage!
FSO COVID-19 Policy:
We want to assure you that your safety, and the safety of our musicians and staff, is of utmost importance. In coordination with NAU, these are the protocols for the Season 72 concerts at Ardrey:
- Face coverings are required for Ardrey Auditorium performances. In keeping with NAU policy, face coverings are required in settings where physical distancing isn’t possible. (https://nau.edu/jacks-are-back/)
- If you are ill or believe you have been exposed to someone who is, please stay home. We will refund your ticket purchase or credit you for a future performance.
- Programs: we will have both printed and digital programs. If you would rather not touch a physical program, you can access the digital program on your cellphone (cellphone use will be limited to before the concert and during intermission).
Studies have proven that orchestra audiences are more likely to be vaccinated against COVID, and are more likely to be careful about COVID transmission. A study from the League of American Orchestras shows that the orchestra audience vaccination rate is 97%, which includes data from Arizona.
The Flagstaff Symphony and NAU staff also pledge to:
- Ensure staff members wear approved face coverings in all settings where they are required.
- Ensure musicians wear approved face coverings in all settings where they are required when not performing, and as their instruments allow during performances.
- Monitor staff and musician health prior to the start of all public events.
- Ensure safe sanitation practices are followed at our venues and other event locations, including collaborating with venue partners to ensure that all common areas and high-touch surfaces are cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- Provide masks and hand sanitizer throughout performance and event spaces.